On this page we hope to share some of our Journey to the mission field. Currently we live in Longview TX, where Kars is flight instructing at LeTourneau University.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
World-wide Food
So...last night I tried making a new Indonesian dish. Kacie's blog about indo food inspired me...so I looked up the website she recommended and picked something to try. It's called Martabak Telor. Anyway, so I went through the entire process (quite long) of buying the ingredients I didn't have, chopping them all up, putting it all together and frying it. And it wasn't until after we had eaten them for dinner (Kars said that is was one of his favorite "street foods" and they were pretty good...) that it suddenly hit me: It was really the same thing as a SAMOSA, which is a food we could get in Kenya, that originally came from India. And then it all clicked, the recipe had said that is was originally from India and this was the 'Indonesian' version. Crazy! So here I unknowingly made this dish that BOTH Kars and I grew up with on completely different continents!! BE-mazing. Here are some pictures that Kars took....I also made fried rice to go with it.

**Edit: So I realized that it probably sounds pretty dumb that I didn't realize I was making Samosas...and so I thought I should explain. First of all, I have never made samosas myself or ever seen them being made. Secondly, samosas are much smaller and are triangular in shape...so they don't exactly look like what I made. =) I did have some leftover filling today, though...so I made a little extra dough and made "real" samosas out of it. =) Here's what they look like...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha, Missy, I love this! I love it that I inspired you AND that you said be-mazing!
and your meal looked deliiiicious.
I love your new apartment and space and stuff... yay!
i tried making samosas once...disaster! what recipe did you use?
Missy... did you get the job? What's going on with all of that?
Post a Comment