Well, I just turned in my application and resume for the job. The lady said that I am the ONLY person to apply for it so far...and tomorrow is the deadline. That just got me even more excited. I'm trying to not work myself up so that I won't be too disappointed if I never get called for an interview....but it's getting harder! I know it is definitely possible that they other applicants are waiting until the last day to submit their applications.....
Here are some of the reasons I think I might nNOT be called:
1. The assistant coach they have right now is a middle-aged man who has more than 15 years of experience coaching. 15 years ago.....uh, I was 9-years-old. but hey, I'd played soccer for 3 years already! =)
2. I have never officially coached a team. Even though I did attach a newspaper article that was written about me when I was in 9th grade and we lived in Alabama and I was a part of a community league and the "coach" knew NOTHING about soccer....so I did end up coaching and playing that team!
3. I have not played college-level soccer. This is a Division 1 soccer team...that means they are at the top of college women's soccer. And my experience? Probably the lowest end of college soccer: a women's club team (who didn't have any games until my freshman year). hehe...
BUT....despite these things I know that there is a chance, mostly because God is in control....and because I hope I was able to accurately express how much I would love this opportunity--I think I WOULD do a good job, because I am eager to learn and to help in any way that I can AND I love soccer!
ok....enough on this...you will be hearing about it if I do hear from them...although I might wait until AFTER the interview....=)
No comments:
Post a Comment