Thursday, November 02, 2006

God's faithfullness

Again and again i need to be brough down to my knees and confess that i am weak in faith. God has brought me through so much. He has brought my family through difficult circumstances many times and in the last few years has carried me through situation after situation, especially where the finances are concerned.
I was welding today. I couldn't keep my mind on the job. I botched up a lot of metal. I was trying to make a decision: pay $2,000 for a root canal and a crown, OR have my tooth pulled and live with it. I wanted to be a good steward of my money. I didn't really have the $2,000 and i didn't really want to pull my tooth. I wrote my final couple of e-mails, to my mom and a dentist asking what they recommended as a course of action.
At work this afternoon i received a call from an "unknown" number. It turned out to be my mother. It so happens that SIL (Wycllife) has a "licensed" dentist in Indonesia nowadays. My mom had gone to talk to him and he had said that "IF i didn't have any pain." then perhaps i should wait 6 weeks, untill i can have it done while home on break.
It will cost me probably more on the order of $100 rather than $2,000. God came through, just like every time before. And i have to admit that i didn't have enough faith. It's said that "the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain," but I tell you that God moved my Mountain despite my lack of faith.

No comments: