Last thursday, i was sitting at work and a co-worker gave me a piece of hard candy. I sucked on it for a while, and then chose to start chewing.
Immediately after chewing I knew there was something wrong. Something just felt wierd. I grabbed the candy and out came a piece of my tooth.
Apparently my #14 tooth (upper left, 3rd back from corner tooth) had sheared in half. The outside shell came off.
I went to the dentist yesterday, dreading what i might hear. And....Yes it's about as bad as it can get. There seems to be rot in a cavity underneath the tooth. It will require a root Canal. My insurance only covers "dental accidents." So this will probably all have to come out of my own pocket. I'm debating whether to get the root canal and crown (more than $2,000) or just have the tooth pulled.
My appointment with the dental specialist is on thursday. i'll have my root canal done then, if i haven't decided to pull the tooth.
No comments:
Post a Comment