"So, a week ago Friday Kars had a big test at school---a 10 hour oral and practical exam for one of his airplane mechanics licenses. So, this has been the big deal for the past month---he's been studying like crazy, trying not to worry, and studying some more. Well, he is a very unique man and he decided to use this stress to his advantage (in keeping the proposal a secret). So, a week before his exam, he asks if I would mind going on a hike with him to Riverside State Park on Saturday, after his exam. Of course, I'm assuming he wants to do this to celebrate finishing (and passing) his exam. This park is about a 15 minute drive from my house and we've gone there a couple times to go hiking. It's probably the most beautiful place I've been in Spokane and we both love it. There is a decent sized river that flows through the park, and you have to cross a bridge in order to get to the trails. So, we get to the park on Saturday afternoon with about 40 minutes of daylight left. We cross the bridge, hike on one of the trails for a short 15 minutes, then turn around to head back. Although it seemed kind of silly to be hiking for such a short time, I was thankful as it was quite cold and my legs were freezing. So we hike back to the bridge and start to cross back over. In the middle of the bridge, Kars stop! s and st arts to look at the water, making comments about how fast it was flowing. I thought this was a bit odd, as I had made the same comment on our first trip across the bridge. But I'm cold...kind of impatient...so I'm saying, "ok, I'm ready to go" and walking away from him. obviously...completely oblivious to what's going on. So, Kars is racking his brain for ways to stall me....he starts to climb up on the side of the bridge and I see him reach his hand into his pocket. At this point, I'm thinking, "if he has in his hand what I think he has in his hand, he's CRAZY! what if he drops it into the river?" So, I go back over to him and ask, "what are you doing?!?" At this point he climbs back down, pulls me into a hug and says, "i've got a confession to make". Immediately I respond, "you've been lying to me?!?"....and he says, "yes....a lot". So then i know what's happening next......and the rest you'll just have to hear from my own mouth if you really want to know. I did say yes....and I do have a ring on my finger that is absolutely gorgeous. he couldn't have done a better job picking it.
this is the bridge where we got engaged...hopefully we'll get our engagement pictures here too, and post those later. "
this is the bridge where we got engaged...hopefully we'll get our engagement pictures here too, and post those later. "

2 comments:
Hello Missy and good to meet you Kars. We hope to see you both the next time you're in Sherman. Yes, we'd like to keep up with you. Please add us to your e/m list. I will also fwd your info to Meredith.
Missy & Kars - We were so exicited to hear of your recent engagement. Kars, I'm sure you already know, but we'll take the opportunity to remind you, that you have an amazing woman who has agreed to be your wife -- a woman after God's heart, strong, beautiful (outside & inside), patient and with a heart for chilren - which is how we know her in her love & care for our little girl, Lauren. We look forward to hearing more of your journey to follow God's will for your marriage.
-Christine, Aaron, Lauren (& Joshua) Parker
Post a Comment