This week I get a break from work. Last week was my last week with the twins (sad...) and the other family I work for is in Florida for Spring break (lucky them!). Kars and I are housesitting/petsitting for the week. i've been enjoying the break--sleeping in, taking the dogs on walks/runs, and spending more time in the Word. Last weekend I went on a Women's Retreat for women of Moody Aviation. Although it was open to singles, as well as married, it ended up being all wives of students and faculty at Moody Aviation. It was my first time on a women's-only retreat, let alone all married women. It was both a good and difficult time for me. I was faced right off the bat with some of my insecurities which I didn't even know I still struggled with (Who knew it would still hurt just as much as it did in middle school, when no one wants to share a room with you?!?) and that unfortunately came up several times during the weekend. The speaker was very good though (the mom of one of the other student's wives) and ironically enough, her first session was on Baggage---learning to work through the baggage we have. I was challenged several times throughout the weekend to work on my relationships--with Kars, God and friends. I came away not quite as "rested" as everyone else claimed to be...but God has given me this whole week to reflect on the weekend and begin putting into practice the things I was challenged by. He is such a good God-knowing just what we need and providing it at just the right time. I am grateful that He is not finished working on me...even though it hurts to be stretched.
Next week I will once again be working, but only for one family. I am sad to have lost the other job and am planning to keep looking for a replacement. However, I believe it is very possible that I will not find something for a while, which I am feeling more at peace about. I took some time crunching our monthly expense numbers and figured out that we can survive off of the part-time incomes of both Kars and I. Of course, this does not allow any room for unexpected expenses or school expenses...but God is much bigger than that. I know that He knows our every need and that He is extremely capable of taking care of us. And it truly is a BLESSING to be at the point that we are, forced each day to trust in Him and NOT in ourselves. He is growing our faith.
1 comment:
Ah Missy, I am so glad you get a break, even if it does meant the loss of an income. And boy - your story about the retreat sounded familiar ... just with how I've wrestled at various times since coming here with my own insecurities around new people. Will you write an email about it, or call?
Love you!
Post a Comment