We have 3.5 more days in Waxhaw, NC. We will be leaving early monday morning and heading for San Antonio, TX. There we will meet up with my (Missy's) parents, grandparents and 2 aunts and their families. From there we head up to North Texas, to spend more time with my parents, g-parents and friends in the area. A week or so later we will drive to Lincoln, NE to spend a week with my other grandpa, uncles, aunt and Cornhusker friends. And finally, we will be off to Spokaneeeeee, where we hope to arrive by the last week of June.
To be honest, I have mixed emotions about this whole ordeal. I will really miss some things about living here in NC...the weather has been wonderful (winter is my LEAST favorite thing), our church has been such a blessing, being near to Kars' family has also been amazing, as well as getting to watch such adorable children....I will definitely miss them. However, I am also really looking forward to the trip and seeing the family and friends that we get to see. We have done several cross-country trips together (both before and after being married) and we both enjoy them....which is a plus, since we will likely do many more in the years to come.
Arrival in Spokane is both exciting and scary. I am excited to have our own apartment (hopefully...we are still searching for one), to get to search for great deals on furniture and decor for the apartment, to finally get to use all of my own things from our wedding and from Kenya that have been stored in boxes since we got them and I know that Kars is very excited about getting to fly, which makes me excited for him. The scary/anxiety-causing part of moving back is based on two things: my experience in Spokane last year and my experience looking for a job here for 2 months. Both times were quite depressing for me and VERY overwhelming. So, looking at having to search for another job, another church, build relationships and friendships that will sustain and encourage us.....is all very daunting. I am trying to remind myself whenever I think about these things that what I need to be focusing on is GOD and how faithful HE has been and how He will continue to be faithful. What is impossible for me is most definitely NOT impossible for Him! Please pray with me, that He will teach me during this time and that I will learn to rely more and more on Him. I want to bring Him glory!
1 comment:
I hope your travel is good. We are excited that you are coming back to Spokane. We'll pray that God will provide (Though, you know, you have a church waiting for you here). The Falls are beautiful right now!
Post a Comment