I thought I'd give you a little list of what I've done in the hangar the last few weeks. It might not all sound like it would be a part of an Aircraft Mechanics job description. But it is all good training for things you might encounter on the mission field.
1.) Fix a hydraulic jack (used for Jacking the aircraft of the ground during some inspections.)
2.) Fix Floor scrubbing machine (it was leaking)
3.) Put new Carpet in an airplane. (this includes trimming the carpet to fit)
4.) Help on inspection on a airplane and Helicopter.
5.) Replace Fuel Nozzles on a King Air.
6.) Remove a ceiling fan from 40 feet above the Hangar floor. Find out what's wrong and fix it.
7.) Teach a class on washing airplanes to 9 Brigade Air kids :)
8.) Make an engine adjustment on the airplane that provides the video from the Air at Football games etc.
As you can see, the job here varies from day to day. There's a lot to learn, and a lot to fix. i've met a lot of new and interesting people. Some of the things we get to fix don't apply to aviation but they're things that might be real helpfull to know something about when you're on the mission field and can't take it back to SEARS (i.e. a fan or kitchen Appliance)
2 comments:
sounds like a pretty good job description :) I start maintenance week tomorrow. should be good. lathe stuff first.
Kars and Missy,
good to hear that you guys are doing fine, and thanks for giving me your blog address so I can get updates from you.
I'm now back in Indonesia, together with my family and my girlfriend. (Plus I got a job).
It's awesome! :-)
I also have my own blog that I use to give updates to people that I know in Spokane (and/or in the States).
The address is:
www.jroller.com/gerald23
anyways,
have a good one and God bless you both.
Post a Comment