Today I got fired from my job....well OK maybe not exactly the boss getting angry and yelling "YOU'RE FIRED" scenario.
The situation goes like this...since I am an international student I cannot receive financial aid from the government. Neither can I receive work-study awards. So...since Novemer of 2005 i've been working under the personal budget of the SCC (spokane community college) Tutoring Center. My boss has been great, she has allowed me to set my own scedule and work as many hours as I need.
So for the last 5 quarters I've been working approximately 15 hours a week, on my own scedule (3:10PM till 7:10PM mon-thur). My boss took a risk allowing me and some others to work that many hours a week. She has taken this risk many times in the past and she has usually succeeded in getting enough money to keep the tutors on untill summer.
However, this time everything fell apart. She was on track to make a deficit of almost 20,000 dollars on her budget. In order to minmize the damage she has done, she needs to release all those tutors under that budget tomorrow.
Thus I am without a job:) It's not bad actually. I was going to quit the end of May anyways. Now I'll have more free time and won't have to feel bad about it:). It's such nice weather out, it will be nice to be able to go hang out with Missy and eat dinner earlier and go to the park while it's warmer and lighter.
1 comment:
I almost envy you :)
Post a Comment