Monday, May 21, 2007

DONE with O's and P's

Well...my Oral and Practical exam is over. I finished my re-test this afternoon and will be a Powerplant Mechanic as soon as I take my written exam sometime in the 2nd week of June.

Retest??? Why did I need a retest?

I went in on Friday morning to start my exam at 7:30 hoping to be done by lunch time. As the morning progressed things were flowing very well. I was recalling the things I had learned quickly and was able to perform the required tasks well and efficiently. I was thinking I would be done right around lunch time. Right on time.
My examiner told me that I had one more question to do. It was concerning propellors (A subject i have not covered in school yet). All I had to do was....look at a "Type Certificate Data Sheet" (TCDS) and determine what minor alterations I as a mechanic could do....I looked and looked at this three page paper and could not figure out. As a result of missing this question I failed the test.
My instructor at school told me that the only way I could have known the answer was if I heard it in his class. My roommate (Jon) looked it up on Google. The only place he found it was on a site with FAQ's for those who give Mechanics tests...

In short...I failed the test, but i don't think there was any preparation short of someone telling me the answer beforehand that I could have passed. HOWEVER...failing this test was a good reminder on the way to the mission field. I should not seek Glory from MEN for my accomplishments, I should seek to glorify GOD in everything I Do

*I believe this is self-explanatory:)*

No comments: