Monday, February 26, 2007

Next Year...

What are we going to do next year? Due to the fact that Moody Aviation flies straight through the summer and the fact that Missy and I are getting married on June 30th we have decided that I am going to take a year out of school next year.
So...what are we going to do? I have been accepted for at least a 6-month internship with JAARS in North Carolina. Missy and I are hoping to move out there right after we get married. We will be driving cross-country: Visiting some of her family in Nebraska, attending the wedding of Caleb and Kat McNeil in Colorado, hopefully driving down through Texas visiting more friends and family, then finally cutting across to North Carolina. We hope to be Waxhaw by the 23rd of July.
Missy will be seeking a job in the Waxhaw area to supplement our income and to try to save money towards my flight training. I will be working in the JAARS hangar as a Mechanic. Eventhough we are taking a year off, we are hoping to be back at Moody Aviation the next year.
It was a hard decision especially for me. because I have been looking forward to finally getting to fly after 3 years of college. Now it looks like it will be at least another year before i ever get to learn to fly. But...eventhough I'm dissapointed about having to wait a year before flying. Missy and I are really looking forward to being around people we know...Being in a warmer climate than spokane, and settling into our first year of Marriage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kars and Missy -

I have watched all of your pictures and really enjoyed getting to know you, Kars. Your letter from Missy was great, and I am so glad you wrote. I will be praying for you as you continue your journey, and am honored that you wrote and sent it to me.
Love and prayers, Betty