Friday, November 14, 2008

Not a good blogger....

As you can tell, I am not a consistent, good blogger. It really helped when I wasn't working yet and had hours each day to try and fill up. But with a normal work schedule, I don't usually even think about blogging in my free time.

There are several things that I could write about--but since most of you that actually read this get our newsletter---you have already heard about most of those things. Kars only has 1.5 weeks of school left this year. They get a long break, from Thanksgiving until Jan. He will be taking a one week class at the beginning of Jan, which should be pretty intense, as it is ONLY one week and the class is Romans! He is hoping to find a job for the month of December, to help pay for part of school, as well as occupy his time off.

A couple weeks ago I was able to fly to VA to see my parents, brother, sister-in-law and niece! I was only there for 3 short days, but it was a very good visit. My first and so-far only niece, Saley, is now 4 months old! I had not had the chance to meet her yet, and it was fun to be Aunt Missy for the first time. I am very excited for the day when she will call me "Aunt Missy", because right now it's just her parents who refer to me as that....I like babies, but I really enjoy toddlers!

Speaking of Toddlers, the twins that I nanny for 2-3 times a week are now two! Well, they actually turned 2 on Oct. 5th. They are VERY fun to be around--lots of giggling, chattering and copying EVERYTHING I do! (the other day I was putting my finger up to my mouth and saying, "Hmm"....they started copying what I was doing, except one of them touched her nose instead of her mouth when she said "hmm"...it was cute. ) I am grateful they take a nap in the afternoon though, because they do require energy that I don't always have. I have been working about 8 more hours that I orginally had planned. The mother of the twins has asked me to help out any "extra" time that I can, as she is expecting again and hasn't been feeling well.

I am also really enjoying the other family that I work for. Their kids are 9, 10 and 12 (boy, boy, girl). It has definitely been different than working with toddlers or infants! They are quite funny and clever, amazing me with the things they say or think of. I will have to share some stories with you sometime.

No comments: