
I was again rudely awakened to the corruption and rottenness of this world last sunday. we had gone to a movie (flyboys) the previous night and following the movie i dropped her at her house and driven her car over to my apartment.
I walked out of my apartment to go pick up Missy and go to Church, only to find broken glas on the pavement and a big gaping hole in the window of Missy's car. The trunk was popped and the hood was open. I was in shock for a second or two and then quickly surveyed the damage. everything was rifled through, and a bunch of my tools were missing from her trunk. but the thieves had not stolen her stereo, CD's or phone charger.
As I called Missy i looked over to my car, which was parked right in front of hers, and noticed that my stereo was missing. My window hadn't been broken but they had somehow jimmied the lock and had taken my Stereo, more tools and my emergency bag (containing jumpercables, emergency flares, flashlight, 1st Aid Kit etc).
We tried every police number that was not 911, but got an answering machine at every number. Finally I called 911 and reported the break-ins. I was told to take some pictures and file a report on Monday. Apparently break-ins are so common here that the police don't even come to check it out.
Anyways, we were able to get missy's window fixed yesterday. That was a real blessing. We took it to someone from church who owns a garage and he was able to find a cheap window which he installed for us. The cost $150. (this is quite cheap, if you don't do it yourself)
No comments:
Post a Comment