Friday, February 08, 2008

God Answers Prayer

I have been wondering if anyone even checks our blog anymore, since we are soooo sporadic about posting anything. I guess I've never been into blogging, so it is hard for me to even remember that it is here! I want to do better.

In case anyone does actually check this, there is some news that some of you may not have heard yet. In our last newsletter, we wrote that I (Missy) had lost one of my nanny jobs. This job ended the second week in December. This was pretty discouraging for me, as it had taken me two months to even find the two part-time nanny jobs that I was working. And with Kars and I only being in North Carolina for a total of 10 months, that left 8 months for me to work for those families. This had been the major problem in securing a job (I heard over and over that people would hire me, if only I wasn't leaving 9-8 months). So, now in December, I was looking at the possibility of only working 2 days a week for the remaining 5 months that we were here. Financially we would have been able to just barely get by each month. And honestly, I was beginning to think that I needed to come to terms with that. I thought that God might have that in mind for us, even though it would be hard, we would be ok. But the reason this was hard for me to accept, was that we are looking at paying for 2 years of flight school, starting this July...the most expensive part of Kars' training. And in my finite mind, I couldn't see how this would be possible, if come June, we had absolutely $0 extra in our bank account!

But, let me tell you....God had/has much bigger plans in mind. To make a long story short, He provided another nanny job for me, through means that proved it was HIM doing it, and I only missed ONE day of work between the old and new jobs!! I was sooo flabbergasted, it took me a good 3 weeks or so for what had happened to sink in. God had proved to me, that even through my unbelief and doubt, He was/is completely in control of our lives and NOTHING is too big of an obstacle for Him to overcome.

So, I am now back to working 2 part-time nanny jobs. The new job is better in SO many ways--most weeks I work more hours, I get paid a little more per hour, the family lives closer, I get along very well with the stay-at-home mom and a friendship between us is growing even in the short time that I am working for them. God is So good. And yes, we still do not know how we will pay for school (even with the extra I am making, it will not cover it all)...BUT God does know and He will provide in His own way and time.

If you read this post, I want to ask you to hold me accountable to what I wrote. I know that there will be another time in the future, where I will find myself in another "impossible" situation and where I will be tempted to think that even God is not able to work it out. Please remind me in that time of "crisis", that my God is SOO much bigger than I am and that all I need to do is "Trust and Obey".

2 comments:

Alison said...

Praise the Lord! What an encouraging post. Keep trusting that He will provide for you guys.

kalipay said...

It's taken me this long to finally get to comment here... But this post of yours has been running through my head since you put it up. My siblings and I are reading through Genesis in our bible time together for school, and we were at the chapters where Abraham and Sarah are learning to believe God about Isaac's birth. Along with that we are memorizing Hebrews 11. As we review what we've memorized every day, verse 11 always sticks out to me and bring you to remembrance: By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised. That's what it comes down to: remembering that He who promised is faithful. And there's nothing more to say if we really do believe that. Romans 4:20-21 is along the same lines.

Thanks for sharing this!