Tuesday, March 13, 2007

School Bills: Paid!!!

Some of you may be aware of the challenges we have faced in paying school bills this last year, but for those who don't, we want to testify of God's provision.
When I first came to Spokane to do my Aircraft Maintenance training with the community college. I was a "contract" student, this meant I paid a fixed amount of money agreed upon by the community college and Moody Aviation. However this last summer, this contract was broken by the community college. For most Moody students this had the advantage that they were able to apply for FAFSA and that their tuition went down to less than 75% of what they originally paid.
For me however...the situation was a little different. Since I am a Dutch citizen, I all of the sudden had to pay International Student rates. This meant I was paying $3,000 a quarter, instead of the $1,400 the other students paid. Needless to say this was quite a blow, especially since I am only allowed to work on the community college campus for 15 hrs. a week.
However...God is faithfull and he has provided every step of the way. I went from being totally self-sufficient to being totally financially dependent. This has really been a humbling experience, but we have really seen God work in our lives through this. He has provided every step of the way.
I say this...because a week ago I pulled my savings, something I had managed never to touch untill now. I was hoping to use it for the wedding and our relocation to North Carolina. However it looked like we were going to have to use it on my last quarter of school....then....out of nowhere, we got a scholarship from moody for $2,000. I had applied for a scholarship but had given up hope.
God provides...we have seen this over and over in the last year...and so we would like to give testimony to that. We serve a great God, sometimes he takes us on a road which isn't easy, but he takes care of His sheep.

No comments: